Howdy, folks! I come bearing good news for all!
As of last night, we've had a bit of an overhaul to the custom system. We've introduced quite a few new features, fixed up some old ones, and gutted entire swathes of code to make the system more maintainable and reliable.
Before we get to the good stuff, I want to give a bit of a warning: due to how much was rewritten, you may encounter some new bugs. If you do, don't panic! Just scurry on over to the bug report system, check to see if the bug has already been reported, and, if not, make a report for it so we can take a look and get it sorted out!
Here's a list of the major changes:
- Custom items are now placed into the standard custom queue. Due to this change, they're no longer spawned upon request.
- Custom items may be spawned for 100cp from the CP > Custom List page.
- Custom images and items may be shared with other players and factions from the CP > Custom List page.
- Customs shared with players may be provided a number of uses (or -1 for unlimited). Currently, quantities do not apply to customs shared with factions.
- Customs may be "hidden" from the CP > Custom List page. Hiding customs there will also prevent the customs from appearing when you're applying customs.
- Planet customs can now be submitted through the custom system by the leader or 2IC of the controlling faction. Currently, system customs must still be submitted through the Public Art forum.
- Ships and vehicles can now have cockpit and hangar/docking bay custom images submitted and applied to them.
We're also introducing some changes to the way we handle public customs. Starting today, all public customs will be given a 2 year lifetime. After 2 years, the public custom will need to be resubmitted for review from the CP > Custom List page. If the public custom is denied during this review, it will be converted into a private custom.
All public customs submitted prior to today are being given a 3 month grace period to be resubmitted for review. After the 3 months are up, public customs that appear as "expired" on the CP > Custom List page will no longer be accessible in the public custom system until they've been resubmitted and reapproved.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a DM!
Bunny Edit: Please make sure to also review the rules here
Edit 2: Looks like we've caught ourselves some bugs!
- Public customs can't be applied
- Planet customs fail ownership validation
- Custom items spawned in cities are placed "inside of" the planet
- Shared custom items aren't associating both images together