Looking to make your impact on SWC? Want to get paid in Combine Points to do it? Join a team!
There is an SWC team for just about every skillset. We have art team, descriptions team, NPC team, Scenario/RP team, Quality Assurance/Bug Testing team, the development team, and more.
Art Team: (Jic Uiji)
- Job - Create 3D and 2D art for the combine.
- Pay - Between 5,000 and 50,000 CP per model/piece. (Inquire inside for more info)
- How to Join: Submit artwork for needed combine entities and assist others on forums/discord. They'll find you.
Descriptions Team: (Tomas O`Cuinn)
- Job - Write descriptions for entity types and for the galaxy.
- Pay - 10,000 CP per month for activity (moderation, edits, comments). 500-10k CP per submission.
- How to Join: Submit 3 successful descriptions on the public description suggestions forum. (You get paid for these too).
NPC/Quest Team: (Baugrems)
- Job - Write dialogues for NPC types, droids, and creatures. Assist with Quests.
- Pay - 10,000 CP per month for activity (mostly discord). Bonuses per script or quest available up to 10k CP.
- How to Join: Write 3 sample dialogues using LISP. Message Baugrems with intent to join.
Scenario/RP Team: (Syn/Loki)
- Job - Run Scenarios as GM for Scenario Hall.
- Pay - 10,000 CP per month for activity. Bonuses available per scenario up to 30,000 CP.
- How to Join: Message Syn.
Quality Assurance/Bug Testing Team: (Kay Dallben)
- Job - Test new features for bugs and confirm current bugs.
- Pay - 10,000 CP per month for activity. Bonuses possible.
- How to Join - Message Kay Dallben with combine experience and available times to test.
Dev Team: (Clarr Solo and Mikel von Bianchi)
- Job - Code new features and fix bugs for SWCombine.
- Pay - 20,000 CP per month of activity. Bonuses available.
- How to Join: Complete the Dev challenge and discuss it with Dev Team.
A rules page is being built for "How to join an SWC Team" soonTM that has this info for players to find.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 21 Day 38)|
Greetings everyone. As administration continues to work toward improvements and changes, NR leadership was re-established in the meantime. This does not mean that final decisions have been made regarding the GE win. As with the spirit of the button press to make the game better, we do not want players left in limbo for extended periods of time as changes oftentimes take.
For questions or concerns, please contact Evan.
Website on Mobiles
- Tweaked how the website displays on mobiles. If you liked the older layout width better on your phone, go to your browsers page settings and enable "Use Desktop Site".
- Asteroid prospecting now gives you XP, hooray!
- Asteroid prospecting now spams your cockpit events with more events, hooray!
- You can now issue a queued move into prospecting order from the map context menu. This is queueing behaviour is handled by travel planner, and should make asteroid prospecting more chill.
- This also works with planet based prospecting when you are at atmosphere level. Basically only for FK-7 squads though, so probably not as useful as its counterpart.
- Rules for asteroid mining should be released with next sync, and asteroid mining itself still on track to be released before all the juicy Y-8s are finished.
- There is now an icon in the Inventory to populate the travel plan to a given asset's location.
- Additionally, the mishmash of icons in inventory have been cleaned up and moved to their own column, wow much clean.
- Fixed an issue where travel planner had an irrational fear of travelling on diagonals.
Bugs & Fixes
- Fixed an issue where a regular faction member with privs could expel the 2IC. 2IC is a privileged spot, only the leader can remove or expel the 2IC. (This particular issue was thought to be fixed many years ago, recent events made us re-test this).
- Improved information on skill allocate screen when below skill category minimums.
- Fixed an issue where entities with no ionic cap were permanently disabled. Entities with no base ionic cap cannot be disabled.
- Fixed an issue where cutting power to factories that were producing things was ineffective.
- Fixed an issue with Inventory filters: Some filters when combined together with themselves would generate the wrong results e.g. the "powered" filter.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes you could not see hidden cities on the galaxy map, related to how the city was assigned and owned.
- Fixed an issue with how identifiers for datacards are assigned.
- An issue where you could purchase multiple duplicate generic datacards has been fixed (maybe).
- The cockpit map context menu has been rewritten to allow it to be more hip and dynamic.
- Fixed a bug with deep space sector calculations, relating to sector borders/vertices. Deep space sectors are still cosmetic only.
A follow up sync has fixed some regressions caused in the above sync. Forum quotes, station construction, and NPC skill point assigning should all be fixed.
Additionally, a new feature has been added to the scanner interface, where players and NPCs will now show a Heal option if they are injured and you are able to heal them. This is automatic, and will use the most powerful healing item you have equipped to your character. Healing is also still accessible from the Equipment page. More suggestions for quality of life changes such as this are welcome; the next option on this screen will likely be Repair for droids.
|(Edited by Mikel von Bianchi on Year 21 Day 29)|
A discord server has been created between Seele, the Administration, and those interested in obtaining the shell of rebel datacards, lands, etc. The admin role is moderation and assistance at this time. To get an invite, please contact Baugrems on Discord (Baugrems#5197). Read the rules below before requesting access or I will ignore you/shame you.
Purpose: The Galactic Summit is an OOC conference to discuss moving forward with the critical story element of the anti-GE portion of the SWC community. With the seizure of the New Republic faction by the Galactic Empire, the SWC community must discuss options for managing the former-NR datacards, assets, and territory. The summit seeks to bring the directly involved parties together and reach a consensus of what the anti-GE power bloc in the game will look like, including leadership, where technology and assets will be distributed, and how the IU and anti-GE blocs can progress SWC's story.
Rules for the Galactic Summit:
1. Discussions are strictly OOC. We will discuss IC things and reasonings, but we are interacting as players, not as characters.
2. Be respectful to one another. This is a sensitive topic and it's not a nice thing to have occurred, but name-calling, vitriol, and rage will earn a ban.
3. You must have a direct interest in the discussion to be here. This is not a place for tourists and spectators, we need to discuss serious things and we don't need a peanut gallery.
4. Political "parties" or Factions may only have two (2) representatives each. We want to hear a diversity of thoughts and interests, but not have things drowned out by an alliance turning up with all of their nationalised factions.
5. No proposals or debates regarding game-mechanics. This isn't the place to specifically pitch ideas to the Administration or come up with game mechanics.
Message should include your handle, faction/group, role in said group, and a two sentence summary of your Rebel proposal.
The administration is working diligently around the clock reviewing improvement ideas and possible changes related to the game winning button push.
If you would like contribute to the discussion, you can post here.
If you have any questions, you may contact Baugrems again. (Multiple DMs may be necessary, keep trying.)
With the latest sync, we are happy to announce a new feature that many of you have requested: Asteroid Mining!
You can find the rules for the current implementation here: Asteroid Mining Rules
Additionally, a new, related ship has arrived! Introducing the Y-8 Mining Vessel:
For now, please consider this feature in Open Beta; as such, values and mechanics are subject to change. To begin, we have released the ability to prospect for materials in asteroid fields. The ability to actually mine the found resources will be released in a future sync, but we wanted to give you all a chance to get started finding your precious, precious RMs!
As outlined in the Asteroid Mining Rules, only ships equipped with Mining Sensors are capable of prospecting for raw materials in asteroid fields. To help people jump into this new features, we have TEMPORARILY given mining sensors to all generic light freighters. On or about February 1st, 2020, the mining sensors may or may not be removed from those generic light freighters. For now, the only ship guaranteed to have mining sensors after February 1st is the Y-8 Mining Vessel.
Again, the mining sensors for the generic light freighters are temporary!
For those that like to plan ahead, you should expect the Y-8 Mining Vessel to play a critical role in the actual mining operations of asteroid fields, as well as the use of depot stations. More details will be released later, but hopefully that's enough to get your ol' noggin churning for now.
Special thanks to Clarr for his work on this, please send him all your love.
- Recruitment liaison field is now stored differently, so leaders and 2ic can remove themselves as liaisons without being readded. Faction recruitment liaison is set from the dedicated faction screen.
- The autocomplete box on privilege page was fixed to only autocomplete within faction (when character has appropriate privs to view memberlist)
- Cockpit and Travel planner now show sector when in deep space (this is purely cosmetic)
- Fixed alazhi refining pile selecting ownership issue
- Skill point category minimums are enforced when allocating character skill points
- Added link to NPC Inventory skill points icon
- a target="_blank" is allowed on forum html now.
- Fixed issue where repair was granting XP twice in transaction log, and repair now generates better events and error messages.
- Fixed combat hooks not being fired correctly (affecting force quest)
There is no longer a free skill reset when changing to a newly discovered race.
For future race changes, each skill from your base skillset will be modified as follows when changing race:
skill = max(oldSkill - oldRaceBonus, newRaceBonus)
In general, this will sometimes give you some skill points back when changing race, and changing races will never spend any unallocated skill points you have.
There is a minimum allocated skill point amount per skill group that must still be met (14 points, 10 points, 8 points, 6 points, 4 points). If your race change puts you below any category minimums, you will be required to allocate within particular skill categories until the minimums are met. This requirement will be enforced when allocating new skill points.
|(Edited by Clarr Solo on Year 20 Day 362)|
- Added an overview page for which faction forums you have access to. If you have special access to any faction forums they will show up on this page.
- Added checkbox to disable forum automatic linebreaks, to allow easier html things in forum posts like tables. When checked, you will need to add <br> or <p> tags manually to your post. This is accessible from the Add Post page (not via quick post).
- Added more audit events for faction forum modification.
- Increased length of forum name, description fields
- Fix bug with "factionPriv" forum permission, and forum permission strings are now mostly case insensitive.
- There were a number of old facility construction actions under an old system that will be removed.
- Generally, these are ones that are started over 12 months ago and had not been completed.
- These were migrated to the new system. Due to some incompatabilities, anything that was migrated will currently be paused and the builder will have been reset.
- Fix issue where some item crates without max uses would crash when repackaging.
- Fix issue where the disabled overlay would not show up on combat report.
- Improved error messages when conditions to process alazhi into bacta are not met.
- Fix crash when no sensors available from cockpit.
- Hostile ships/droids that have been disabled will now no longer start travel. Currently, they may still continue travelling if they were previously travelling.
- Vehicle cockpits on the rules pages has had their background updated.
- Added quick link within the dropdown area to directly disembark when inside something you can directly exit from.
- Some look and feel changes: more fonts added, and selected fonts are more pervasive. Verdana is now the default font.
- You will get a (slightly wonky) live preview of skins and fonts when changing them.
- Events list resource changed.
- Faction forums: Faction leaders and 2IC can create a board for your faction on the SWC forums.
- There are instructions available on how to set up and configure permissions for faction forums.
- Alazhi Refining (Turning Alazhi into Bacta at a Bacta Refinement Facility) has had a UI makeover and had its code updated.
- The equations have been tweaked slightly to make it take slightly more time to yield, and to put more emphasis on using NPCs.
- Now always requires the source materials to be aboard the Refinery. (Previously had some code with silos, etc. Cannot use silos anymore).
- Browser Notifications have been reworked. (As such, you will need to re-enable them from the settings screen if you want to use them).
- Browser notifications now keep track of unread events separately from the events screens, and do not reset the notification flashers when received.
- You can enable browser notifications for DMs.
- Browser notifications will now only prompt for browser permissions if they are first enabled in the settings screen, and browser notifications are disabled by default for new players.
- You can now block certain characters from sending you DMs. You can find the blocking controls on the settings page.
- Sensor blocking in asteroid fields have changed. Asteroid squares now reduce sensor power by half for each asteroid encountered. Previously asteroids blocked sensors.
- When you are within in a hidden system, you can view the galaxy map rules pages for that hidden system, previously this was not allowed. A tag has been added to hidden system rules pages.
- Travel planner: Manually plotting destinations within hidden systems using the coordinates should work. You can not browse hidden systems from within travel planner.
- Require items to have maximum uses when repackaging
- Fixed a bug where recycling a mine kept mining.
- Fixed an issue with faction dissolution caused unrelated event spam about warrants.
- Fixed an issue with bacta tank usage not resetting NPC Fitout Equip status
- Faction privileges page updated to work better on mobiles
- Fixed some errors that generate links showing incorrectly (kicking passengers, cockpit quick assign)
- Fixed regression with crating droids
- Fixed crash when hiring NPCs of new race.
- Fixed missing link back to faction forums in forum top menu when you aren't in that faction.
|(Edited by Clarr Solo on Year 20 Day 344)|
Congrats to Kez for just scraping out a win against Dac in the latest Deathmatch. You may claim your free hug from your nearest Baugrems.
A whole new tournament has begun! And some fun grudge matches are up, too. Be sure to vote and submit new ideas for grudge matches!