It is time once more for ASIM applications! One to Three potential slots are open.
Here are the rules:
- Newly hired asims are not required to irrevocably drop their character. Instead, their characters are suspended for the duration of being an asim.
- Asims have no IC activity related to their character while working for the administration.
- Asims will have a defined period of service of six months after which a new group of asims will be hired. There is no limit on the number of terms if reselected.
Applications will be in January and July, with asims working from February through the end of July and then August through January of next year.
- Applications open Until May 14th. Then asims will work from June 1st until the new year.
- Compensation in the form of Combine Points will be provided for asims who remain active and effective throughout their service period.
- Asims are required to use IRC and must be active in staff channels as that is how the majority of decisions are made.
- Asims duties center around helping players affected by bugs, handling support tickets, and dealing with rules violations. There will be opportunities for asims to assist in designing RP opportunities for SWC at large, along with participating in discussion on game features before they are announced or implemented.
Remember that current asims are allowed to re-apply and may be re-selected.
Applications should be submitted via Darkness Message to Arjuna, Kyle, and Baugrems. Please answer the following questions in your application.
- What is your Combine handle?
- How long have you played SWC?
- What have you done IC so far (including previous characters)? What are you working on currently, and what is your position with your faction?
- Why do you want to become an asim?
- Are you involved in any other online games or RPGs of a similar nature? If so please describe your position and responsibilities
- Please provide three references of SWC members who are not on the administration team that have been in the game for at least two years.
- Where do you live?
- How old are you?
- What is your occupation?
- How much time would you like to volunteer per week on improving SWC?
- Have you performed administrative duties in the past or organized groups/events?
- What is your favorite D&D class?
Applications will be open until May 14th with new asims starting their term on June 1st.
Edit: 3 days left to get your applications in!
edit2: Congrats to Evan Bluvius for becoming the newest asim! He will begin in a couple weeks. For those who did not get in this time, thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged from applying in the future :)